With threat actors motivated by uncertainty caused by the pandemic, 2020 saw more breaches than 2019. Experts estimate cybersecurity risks and threats will increase in 2021 as hackers continue to follow the path of least resistance: abusing privileged credentials to access sensitive systems and data.
Centrify CEO Flint Brenton shares his predictions in 5 Cybersecurity Predictions for 2021:
- Fragmented identities across multi-cloud environments
- Exponential growth of machine identities
- Where hackers might look to cash in on the Dark Web
- How we might see phishing evolve
- The ongoing rise in ransomware attacks