Enforce Group Policies for Users and Heteregenous Systems
Centrify delivers comprehensive support for extending group policy management to non-Windows systems. It’s the only solution to provide user and computer policies with advanced features such as group filtering and loopback processing.
Group policy configuration settings are seamlessly integrated into the Centrify UNIX Agent to manage configuration of both system configuration and user’s environment.
With Centrify you can:
- Leverage existing group policy tools and processes to standardize security configurations across UNIX and Linux.
- Automate consistent security configurations for systems with group policy
- Centrify and Kerberos configuration management
- Host-based firewall configuration
- OpenSSH configuration
- Standardize user environment configurations on Linux
- Screen auto-lock after inactivity
- Desktop environment configuration (Gnome)
To enforce Active Directory Group Policies across non-Windows platforms, Centrify Authentication Service via the Centrify Identity Broker applies configuration settings to each appropriate managed system and the users logging in to it. For each computer, Centrify contacts Active Directory to determine the relevant policies and copies them to a set of virtual registry files. System files are refreshed in the same way as Windows: On demand, at user log in, on computer restart, and at periodic intervals defined by group policy.
Organizations can use group policy to automate firewall and SSH configuration, decide which users can connect to each system, drop inactive sessions and act as a network-based authentication. Centrify provides the only solution that manages authentication, access control and group policy for non-Windows systems through a single agent that can:
- Reduce IT infrastructure costs and complexity, as well as streamline operations using your current Active Directory tools for enterprise-wide management.
- Strengthen security with automated, consistent management of configuration files for individual computers or groups of computers.
- Centrally configure the policies that the Centrify Agent uses to authenticate and authorize.
- Efficiently control crontab files, firewall settings, screensaver password lock and other properties.
- Automatically issue and renew PKI certificates for each computer for stronger identification.
- Enable security managers to define consistent global policies for diverse systems without specific OS and system information.
- Leverage ready-to-use group policies for Linux and UNIX with standard administrative templates for policy definition and scripts for client-side processing.