Features and Benefits
- Enhance User Productivity (and put smiles on their faces!): Users no longer have to remember their username and password specifically for SAP. In fact, users will no longer prompted for their username and password. Through the use of Kerberos users will log into their Windows or Mac desktop once, and leverage Active Directory provided Kerberos tickets to access SAP. Finally users are able to access their critical business information and tasks more reliably and quicker than without Centrify for SAP Single Sign-On.
- Reduce Helpdesk Burden: According the IDC and other respected industry analysts, as many as 40% of helpdesk calls are password or account resets. This results in lost productivity for users and frustration and unneeded expense for helpdesk personnel. Centrify for SAP returns this value and quickly pays for itself in improved productivity and as much as a 95% reduction in SAP account reset calls.
- Central Management for SSO: Centrify for SAP talks directly to Active Directory; therefore, all native Active Directory features are supported. This includes support for a centrally managed password policy and flexible user-naming conventions of Active Directory. The resulting solution is easier to configure and maintain. Administrators have fully centralized control over user and group access rights with the Centrify Administrator's Console. Management costs can be reduced because less time is required to maintain SAP.
- Zero Maintenance Solution: With an extremely short TTV (Time to Value), Centrify can be quickly deployed and adopted by end users. Through 7 easy steps, the first user can be silently signing on to SAP using their Active Directory provided Kerberos credentials:
That's it, a quick one-time configuration and no ongoing maintenance. Because Centrify turns your UNIX/Linux-hosted SAP server into a Kerberized application, you don't need to install an agent on each individual client computer. Do more with your scarce IT resources and investments while improving both users and IT's productivity.
- Install Centrify DirectControl on the UNIX or Linux SAP server and join the server to Active Directory
- Configure SAP to use Secure Network Communications (SNC)
- Configure Centrify's gold standard MIT Kerberos for the SAP server
- Install the Centrify for SAP server agent
- Map the SAP users to Active Directory users in the SAP SNC tab
- Install the Centrify for SAP client agent
- Configure the SAPgui client to use SNC
- Best-in Class Support for Active Directory: Best in class support for complex, real-world Active Directory deployments including automatic discovery of the nearest domain controller, support for the global catalogue, one/two-way trusts, multi-site, DC failover, and disjoint AD-DNS namespaces. Other vendors including the UNIX and Linux distributions may claim support for Kerberos but only Centrify provides native support for all the complexity and nuance of Active Directory.
- Secure the SAP Server Operating System: Much like a Windows desktop is a secured network resource by joining Active Directory, so too is the UNIX or Linux server that SAP runs on when DirectControl is used to join the machine to Active Directory. Administrators can use their Active Directory credentials to log in to UNIX or Linux, configure and manage the server through Group Policy, and even capture the shell sessions for later audit and reporting. All of the same benefits of using Centrify DirectControl are valid in the context of the Centrify for SAP solution.
- Certified by SAP: For SAPgui users, Centrify leverages SAP Secure Network Communication; BC-SNC is a mature SAP-provided and supported layer for security vendors to integrate with. In addition, Centrify passed the rigorous SAP-created test program that certifies the proper functioning of Centrify's SNC libraries and the DirectControl Agent through the successful completion of hundreds of automated and manual tests.
For browser users of NetWeaver AS Java applications, Centrify leverages Java Authentication and Authorization Services; BC_AUTH_JAAS is the SAP-certified interface for providing authentication plug-ins to NetWeaver AS Java.