Centrify Joins STOP. THINK. CONNECT.™ Partner Program
October 11, 2016
Santa Clara, CA — Centrify, the leader in securing enterprise identities against cyberthreats, today announced that it has signed on as a partner of STOP. THINK. CONNECT.™, the global cybersecurity awareness campaign, to help all digital citizens stay safer and more secure online.
The campaign’s three easy, actionable steps: STOP. THINK. CONNECT. are easy to understand and apply. STOP. THINK. CONNECT. also advises all internet users to take security measures, understand the consequences of their behavior and actions and enjoy the benefits of the internet. Here are some additional tips and advice:
- Keep a Clean Machine: Make sure all of your devices have the latest operating system, software, web browsers, apps and anti-virus protection. This is one of the best defenses against malware and other online threats.
- Get Two Steps Ahead and Lock Down Your Login: Add layers of security to your email, social networks and other online accounts by enabling two-step authentication. You can strengthen your accounts with tools such as biometrics, security keys and a unique-one time code. Learn how at https://stopthinkconnect.org/2stepsahead.
- Own Your Online Presence: Customize privacy and security settings on social media and other websites to your comfort level for information sharing. It’s okay to limit how and with whom you share information!
- Protect Your Personal Information: Use caution when using WiFi hotspots or an open Internet connection. You should never shop, bank or enter personal/financial information over unsecured WiFi. A good rule of thumb: If you have to enter a username/password on a website, wait until you are sure you have a secure connection.
- When In Doubt, Throw It Out: Links in emails, tweets, online ads, text messages and other forms of communication are ways that cybercriminals can compromise your device and gain access to personal information. If it looks suspicious or sounds too good to be true – even if you know the source — it’s best to delete or mark as junk mail.
- Transparency Builds Trust: Businesses should be open and honest about how they collect, use and share consumers’ personal information. Think about how the consumer may expect their data to be used. Privacy practices that are perceived as bad or “creepy” can harm your company’s reputation.
Centrify is joining STOP. THINK. CONNECT.’s partner program to help promote messages about the importance of online safety. Centrify provides businesses, governments and other enterprises with strong multi-factor authentication methods for end users through Yubikey integration, smartcard support, biometrics utilization and the capability to send unique-one time pass codes.
“Centrify is pleased to sign on as a partner of STOP. THINK. CONNECT.,” said Ben Rice, vice president of business development at Centrify, “The reinforces the need for additional security measures, like multi-factor authentication, and further raises awareness of several different ways of practicing safe online habits."
The campaign’s Partner Program aims to address the worldwide problems of online security and cybercrime by harmonizing messaging across the globe STOP. THINK. CONNECT. partners gain exclusive access to content, templates and other resources to make it easy for them to co-brand with the campaign.
STOP. THINK. CONNECT. was created by an unprecedented coalition of private companies, non-profits and government organizations with leadership provided by the National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA) and the Anti- Phishing Working Group (APWG).
The campaign was launched in October of 2010 by the STOP. THINK. CONNECT. Messaging Convention in partnership with the U.S. government, including the White House. NCSA, in partnership with the APWG, continue to lead the campaign. The Department of Homeland Security leads the federal engagement in the campaign.
The campaign’s messages were created by the STOP. THINK. CONNECT. Messaging Convention – a public -private partnership established in 2009 to develop the awareness effort. Information about founding STC Messaging Convention members is available at: https://stopthinkconnect.org/about-us/founders.
Anyone interested in getting involved with STOP. THINK. CONNECT. is encouraged to visit: https://stopthinkconnect.org/get-involved.
About STOP. THINK. CONNECT.
The campaign launched in 2010 and was developed by STOP. THINK. CONNECT. Messaging Convention, a public-private partnership established in 2009 and led by The Anti- Phishing Working Group (APWG) and National Cyber Security Alliance (NCSA) to develop and support a national cybersecurity awareness campaign. The Department of Homeland Security provides the Federal Government’s leadership for the campaign. Industry, government, non-profits and education institutions participate in STOP. THINK. CONNECT. Learn How to get involved at the STOP. THINK. CONNECT. Facebook page at https://www.facebook/STOPTHINKCONNECT, on Twitter at @STOPTHINKCONNECT, and the campaign website at https://stopthinkconnect.org.
Centrify is the leader in securing enterprise identities against cyberthreats that target today’s hybrid IT environment of cloud, mobile and on-premises. The Centrify Identity Platform protects against the leading point of attack used in data breaches ― compromised credentials — by securing an enterprise’s internal and external users as well as its privileged accounts. Centrify delivers stronger security, continuous compliance and enhanced user productivity through single sign-on, multi-factor authentication, mobile and Mac management, privileged access security and session monitoring. Centrify is trusted by over 5000 customers, including more than half of the Fortune 50.
Centrify is a registered trademark and Centrify Server Suite, Centrify Privilege Service and Centrify Identity Service are trademarks of Centrify Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.