Centrify Reports Banner Year with Record Sales, Large Customer Wins and High-Profile Partnerships in 2014
More than 5,000 Organizations Rely on Centrify to Boost End User Productivity and Secure Privileged Users across Cloud, Mobile and On-Premises Environments
January 20, 2015
SANTA CLARA, Calif. — Centrify Corporation, the leader in unified identity management across cloud, mobile and data center, today announced record sales, with every quarter in 2014 seeing accelerated revenue growth over the previous year, including multiple quarters of 40 percent year-over-year growth. The company also reported a customer retention rate of 97 percent, among the highest in the sector, while expanding beyond 5,000 customers worldwide and growing its employee base 30 percent. The company now has a workforce totaling more than 400 personnel across the globe.
“Centrify’s record year is a reflection of the unique capabilities we offer to address the identity needs of both end users and privileged IT users, and doing so through a single platform that spans across cloud, mobile and data center,” said Tom Kemp, CEO of Centrify. “Our customers tell us we deliver a ‘must have’ solution that helps them overcome significant security challenges as they move to cloud and mobile — be it cloud identity, privileged identity management, or multi-factor authentication— and we’re clearly doing this effectively as evidenced by our year end results and positive feedback received from customers.”
For Alexandre Page-Relo, CTO of Remy Cointreau — the world’s premier provider of cognac, liqueurs and spirits — Centrify’s ability to integrate mobile device management with strong authentication set it apart from competing solutions. “We can seamlessly log our employees into our custom apps without prompting for credentials,” said Page-Relo. “I knew that if we wanted to build a secure environment with seamless access for users, we needed a framework. Centrify provides that framework with a sound and secure platform that exposes us to less risk and will save us time in the future.”
Moreover, as businesses of all sizes look to address mobility challenges, Centrify is leading the way in helping organizations secure their employees’ devices while enabling easy one-click access to cloud applications from those same devices. Thousands of Centrify User Suite customers are now embracing a converged mobility and identity solution as their employees demand single sign-on (SSO) access to cloud applications via mobile devices.
Travel service provider CAA Saskatchewan — a non-profit organization with more than 184,000 members —also needed employees to log into hundreds of corporate apps and sites to do their jobs effectively. The company deployed Centrify in just three weeks, providing employees single sign-on access to all of the necessary apps and sites, drastically improving their efficiency. In addition, by bridging the Centrify Identity Platform to Active Directory, the organization is also able to manage employee lifecycles more effectively, including the ability to quickly deprovision employees who have left the company. CAA Saskatchewan notes that Centrify paid for itself in the matter of months from an efficiency and security standpoint.
Another major milestone in 2014 was Centrify’s partnership with AVG Technologies to power their new cloud-based identity and access management service. Centrify now touts more than 2,000 cloud and mobile customers, more than any other company in the sector, while also significantly growing its server-based business in 2014.
Additional highlights from Centrify’s 2014 landmark year include:
- Centrify was named to JMP Securities “Hot 100” list of Best Privately Held Software Companies. The company also was named to the Inc. 5000 list; was recognized among the Fastest Growing Private Companies by Silicon Valley Business Journal, and was named a Deloitte Technology Fast 500 winner as one of North America’s fastest growing companies.
- Additional awards and distinctions included recognition as the Best Security Company of the Year by SC Awards Europe; Software Vendor of the Year by the European IT & Software Excellence Awards; Mobility Tech Zone Product of the Year winner; and Gold Winner in Network Product Guide’s Mobility Tech Zone Product of the Year Award, as well as its Hot Companies and Best Products Awards program.
- Centrify raised $42 million in funding with participation by strategic investors Samsung Ventures, Fortinet Inc., and Docomo Capital. The investment from global leaders in mobile technology and network security validates Centrify’s holistic and unified approach to identity management and continued disruption of the identity and access management (“IAM”) market via its Identity-as-a-Service (“IDaaS”) cloud-based offering.
- Centrify more than doubled its channel revenue with contribution from new and existing partners, and also announced the world’s first subscription-based managed service provider (MSP) program. Now businesses of all sizes can leverage Centrify’s unified IDaaS technology in a manner that suits the size and scope of their business at any given time.
- Centrify expanded in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), doubling the company’s headcount in the region and growing its partner channel by 139 percent. This included the introduction of a dedicated EMEA sales team for its IDaaS unit.
- Centrify introduced major new functionality in its Server Suite 2014 to protect the industry’s broadest range of heterogeneous servers and applications in the data center and cloud from identity-related insider risks and outsider attacks.
- Centrify was positioned by Gartner as a Visionary in the “Magic Quadrant for Identity and Access Management as a Service,” validating Centrify’s position as a top vendor in the IDaaS market.
Centrify provides unified identity management across cloud, mobile and data center environments that delivers single sign-on (SSO) for users and a simplified identity infrastructure for IT. Centrify’s unified identity management software and cloud-based Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS) solutions leverage an organization’s existing identity infrastructure to enable single sign-on, multi-factor authentication, privileged identity management, auditing for compliance and enterprise mobility management. Centrify customers can typically reduce their total cost of identity management and compliance by more than 50 percent, while improving business agility and overall security. Centrify is used by more than 5,000 customers worldwide, including nearly half of the Fortune 50 and more than 60 Federal agencies. Visit www.centrify.com for more information.
Centrify is a registered trademark and Centrify Server Suite and Centrify User Suite are trademarks of Centrify Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.