Centrify Achieves Record Sales and Accelerated Company Growth Worldwide for Another Fiscal Year
Largest Market Share in Industry Segment Grows to more than 4,500 Paying Customers; Company Size Grows 85 Percent to Address International Demand for Centrify's Security and Compliance Solutions
July 18, 2012
SUNNYVALE, Calif. — Centrify Corporation, the leading provider of security and compliance solutions that centrally control, secure and audit access to cross-platform systems, mobile devices and applications, today announced that its fiscal year ending June 30 saw the company post record bookings and revenue over the prior fiscal year. Centrify's record revenue comes a year after posting previous record sales growth, with the company achieving a compound annual growth rate of approximately 50 percent over the past 3 years.
In addition, the company grew its enterprise and mid-market installed base by more than 1,000 to a total of more than 4,500 customers, the largest market share in the industry. The company's employee base increased by approximately 85 percent over FY2011 as the company expanded sales, technical staff and development resources to meet growing worldwide demand for its security and compliance solutions, including expanding of the number of regional sales teams by more than 50 percent.
"Centrify continues to lead in its market with record growth, technology innovation, customer adoption and global expansion resulting in the company further widening the gap between ourselves and others in our segment of the identity and access management market," said Centrify CEO Tom Kemp. "New overseas markets combined with our new cloud-based security services position us extremely well as we expand on our vision to help customers secure and audit access to endpoint, server and application resources whether on premise or in the cloud."
In addition to reaching significant records on revenue, customer growth and global company expansion, Centrify also achieved the following milestones during FY2012:
- Centrify launched Centrify Suite 2012, the latest release of its security and compliance solution, delivering innovative, new enterprise-class capabilities to centralize privilege access management as well as audit user session activity for cloud and on-premise systems. The company also launched Centrify Express 2012, a comprehensive suite of five, free Active Directory-based integration solutions that support cross-platform systems deployed on-premise or in the cloud. Overall, Centrify Suite 2012's platform support grew to cover more than 375 mobile, Unix, Linux and Microsoft operating system platforms — the most extensive support in the industry.
- The company introduced its first cloud-based service offering, Centrify for Mobile, which addresses BYOD concerns by enabling enterprises to centrally secure and manage smart phones and tablets, including iPads and Android devices, using existing Active Directory infrastructure, skill sets and processes. Centrify also launched Centrify Express for Mobile, the industry's first free mobile security offering for Android and Apple devices with no limit on the number of devices supported. These new offerings take advantage of the newly introduced Centrify Cloud Service, which allows IT staff to leverage their on-premise Active Directory environment to easily manage mobile devices via a trusted, over-the-air connection, making deployment simple and eliminating the need for costly new infrastructure.
- Centrify also launched a major new release of Centrify DirectControl for Mac OS X, delivering the most advanced set of capabilities for integrating and managing Mac systems with existing enterprise infrastructure to reduce costs and improve security. For the first time, organizations have control over authentication and security policy enforcement for all Apple Mac OS X and iOS devices in their environment in a single solution without the hassle of deploying a complex new infrastructure and dealing with yet another management console.
- On the corporate side, Centrify named former McAfee and Secure Computing Corporation executive Timothy Steinkopf as its Chief Financial Officer, responsible for all aspects of corporate finance. In addition to expanding territory coverage overseas, Centrify opened a new development office in Bellevue, Wash., to build out its Centrify Cloud Service. The company also closed its Series D round of financing to expand distribution to meet the growing global demand from organizations for its security and compliance solutions, and to accelerate growth in new areas, including cloud environments.
- In addition, Centrify's solution earned significant industry recognition in FY2012. Centrify Suite 2012 earned an overall 5-Star Rating by SC Magazine in an identity management competitive technical group test review, the highest rating possible. Government Security News (GSN) named Centrify Suite 2012 as the government industry's Best Identity Management Platform in its 2011 Homeland Security Awards program. Centrify DirectAudit was named Windows IT Pro's 2011 Editors' Best Gold Award winner in the Auditing/Compliance awards category. Centrify DirectAudit solution also earned Windows IT Pro's Community Choice Gold Award in the Audit/Compliance awards category, while Centrify solutions also earned Community Choice Silver awards in the Security awards category (Centrify Suite 2012 Platinum Edition), and in the Interoperability awards category (Centrify Suite 2012's DirectControl). TMC also named Centrify CloudTools as a 2011 Cloud Computing Excellence Award winner. Finally, Centrify was chosen by AlwaysOn as one of the OnDemand Top 100 winners.
- On the product certification front, Suite 2012 was awarded the Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) 140-2 Level 1 validation from the Cryptographic Module Validation Program — the first Active Directory bridge solution to earn this important industry distinction. Centrify DirectControl for Mac OS X earned the Certificate of Networthiness (CoN) from the U.S. Army Network Enterprise Technology (NETCOM) Command 9th Signal Command, while Centrify DirectControl v5.1 was accepted for Common Criteria certification and is now listed as "In Evaluation" at EAL (Evaluation Assurance Level) 2+. Finally, Centrify DirectControl for Applications version 4.4.3 achieved SAP certification for integration with the SAP NetWeaver® 7.0 technology platform to provide enhanced, secure, centralized authentication for users of client-server and Web browser solutions.
- Interest in partnering with Centrify was high in 2012, as the company expanded its worldwide network of system integrator, value added distributor and value added reseller partners by nearly 150 percent, totaling well more than 100 channel partner organizations, including new international partnerships with headtechnology and Pedab.
Centrify delivers integrated software and cloud-based solutions that centrally control, secure and audit access to cross-platform systems, mobile devices and applications by leveraging the infrastructure organizations already own — Microsoft Active Directory. From the data center and into the cloud, more than 4,500 organizations, including 40 percent of the Fortune 50 and more than 60 Federal agencies, rely on Centrify's identity consolidation and privilege management solutions to reduce IT expenses, strengthen security and meet compliance requirements. For more information about Centrify and its solutions, call +1 (408) 542-7500 or visit http://www.centrify.com/.
Centrify, DirectAudit, DirectControl and DirectSecure are registered trademarks and DirectAuthorize and DirectManage are trademarks of Centrify Corporation in the United States and other countries.