SUNNYVALE, Calif. ‒ Centrify Corporation, the leading provider of security and compliance solutions that centrally control, secure and audit access to cross-platform systems and applications using Active Directory, today announced that the company posted record total sales in calendar year 2011 and sales growth of 50 percent over the prior calendar year, while achieving profitability targets for the year.
In addition, the company was cash-flow positive for the year, and grew its enterprise customer installed base by more than 1,000 to a total of more than 4,000 overall customers, the largest share in its segment within the security market. The company's employee base grew by 50 percent over 2010 as it expanded to meet the rapidly growing industry demand for its security and compliance solutions.
"Our organization as a whole is extremely proud of our record year in 2011 and how we are acknowledged by our customers as important partners enabling them to address their complex security and compliance needs," said Centrify CEO Tom Kemp. "Looking to 2012, with major shifts including cloud adoption and 'bring-your-own- device' trends altering the economics of enterprise IT, Centrify will deliver a new set of software and services to address these new sets of security challenges which are emerging."
In addition to reaching significant records on sales, new customer and growth fronts, Centrify also achieved the following milestones during 2011:
- Successfully raised $16 million in additional venture capital to fuel growth both from a sales and product development perspective.
- Strengthened the executive management of the company by hiring Chief Financial Officer, Tim Steinkopf, who previously was CFO of publicly traded Secure Computing until its acquisition by McAfee. Additionally, the company increased overall employee headcount by more than 50% versus 2010 and expanded its international presence with new offices in Germany and Australia.
- Introduced Centrify Suite 2012, its next generation product offering that delivers enhanced administration and privilege management capabilities and additional application single sign-on capabilities. As part of Suite 2012, Centrify also extended its DirectAudit solution to uniquely audit user activity on Windows servers in addition to its previously supported UNIX/Linux support, and added support for 50 new operating system platforms, including Day 1 support for Mac OS X Lion.
- Released Centrify Express 2012, a major new release of its comprehensive suite of five, free Active Directory-based integration solutions that deliver authentication, single sign-on, remote access, file-sharing, and reporting capabilities for cross-platform systems deployed on-premise or in the cloud.
- Other significant product advancements in 2011 included the delivery of Hierarchical Zones, a major new feature added to Centrify DirectControl 5.0. Zones delivers fast and straight-forward migration and management of UNIX identities from multiple sources into Active Directory, and its capabilities are reflected in U.S. Patent #8,024,360 that was awarded to Centrify by the United States Patent and Trademark Office in 2011.
- Announced Centrify Suite as the first Active Directory Bridge solution to earn FIPS 140-2 Level 1 Certification.
- Centrify entered into a partnership with Splunk to increase operational intelligence for IT security and compliance and also added a number of new reseller partners to the Centrify Partner Network.
- Earned numerous awards including multiple Editors' Best and Community Choice awards from the Windows User Community and Windows IT Pro magazine; the government industry's Best Identity Management Platform from Government Security News; a 5-star rating from SC Magazine following a competitive labs review; and the Best Identity Management Award from the Government Technology Research Alliance (GTRA); among others.
Centrify delivers integrated software solutions that centrally control, secure and audit access to cross-platform systems and applications by leveraging the infrastructure organizations already own ‒ Microsoft Active Directory. From the data center and into the cloud, more than 4,000 organizations, including 40 percent of the Fortune 50, rely on Centrify's identity consolidation and privilege management solutions to reduce IT expenses, strengthen security and meet compliance requirements. For more information about Centrify and its solutions, call +1 (408) 542-7500 or visit http://www.centrify.com/.
Centrify, DirectAudit, DirectControl and DirectSecure are registered trademarks and DirectAuthorize and DirectManage are trademarks of Centrify Corporation in the United States and other countries.